Tendonitis is the inflammation of tendons, a fibrous structure that binds bone muscles. Although it’s usually treated with analgesic and anti-inflammatory drugs or ointments, there are also natural remedies that you can use to relieve the symptoms of this affection.
Usually, tendonitis is accompanied by sensitivity in the surrounding joints, along with stiffness and pain that intensifies during the night.
In the long run, this chronic problem leads to tissue damage, causing severe pain and motion difficulties.
1. Ice to improve tendonitis
- Wrap a few ice cubes in a towel or plastic bag and apply it to the affected areas.
- Gently massage for 10-15 minutes and repeat the procedure three times a day.
2. Take a hot bath
- Fill the tub with enough water to cover your body. Soak in the bathtub for 20 minutes.
- If you want, you can add lavender essential oil or Epsom salt because they can have relaxing effects.
3. White willow tea
- 1 teaspoon of white willow
- 1 cup of water
- Add the white willow into the boiling cup of water and let it infuse for 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea and drink it in one sip.
- Drink three cups per day.
- Add a spoon or two of turmeric in 500 ml of hot water. Once the mixture has cooled down a bit, apply it to the affected area with a clean cotton cloth.
- Let it act 15 to 20 minutes.
- Apply this remedy twice a day.
- Apply to the affected area either arnica tea compresses, or lotions or ointments made of this plant.
- Use the remedy until the inflammation is reduced.
6. Apple cider vinegar
- Mix equal parts of apple vinegar and warm water and apply the solution on the affected area using a compress.
- Let it act for 20 minutes then rinse with water.
- Repeat up to three times a day.