Caught the cold or flu and struggling with a stuffy nose? I’m here to teach you how to sleep with a stuffy nose. Well, better said to decongest your stuffy nose before and during sleep using Vicks Vaporub. Since a simple chest rub with Vicks isn’t enough to decongest your nose, you should try the following “get rid of stuffy nose therapy”.
Let’s assume it’s bedtime and you’ve got a cold, and all you want to do is lay down and sleep but you can’t breathe. But did you know is it possible to get some sleep with a stuffy nose?
Before Going To Bed Vicks Therapy
- Fill a large pot with water and add 2 teaspoons of Vicks VapoRub.
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat on the stove. When the water boils it will produce steam that carries the Vicks VapoRub into the air.
- Allow the steam to fill the room.
- Or place the pot on a heating pad, cover your head with a towel and inhale the steam for 5 minutes or so.
During Sleep Vicks Therapy
- Before going to sleep, take the scentsy warmer and add 1 teaspoon of Vicks Vaporub and 1 teaspoon of water instead of essential oils. Let it spread the Vicks steam throughout the room while you’re asleep. This way you will be able to sleep better with a stuffy nose. With a bit of luck your nose won’t be stuffy anymore the next day.
If Vicks won’t do the work, prepare your own Saline Spray:
You Need: 8 ounces of water, ½ teaspoon of salt, a dropper bottle
How To Prepare and Use:
1. Boil 8 ounces of water.
2. Remove from the stove and allow it to cool for some time.
3. Add half a teaspoon of salt to the lukewarm water.
4. Once the solution cools down completely, transfer it to a spray or dropper bottle.
5. Spray into one of your nostrils and allow the water to drip out of the other nostril.
6. Repeat for the second nostril.